Sophronitis coccinea 4N

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul

Reaction score
First bloom, another bud to come

sophronitis%20coccinea4N-2.JPG

sophronitis%20coccinea4N.JPG

Lovely blooms on this cutie!! :drool: :drool:
It's a big challenge to every digital camera to picture this red colour in a perfect way.
Best regards from Germany, rudolf

Ooooo.....I wish I could grow one of these, but they won't tolerate the hot summers here. Yours is a beauty!

Hello,
What is hot to you?
here it grows from 12 to +30°C with no problem, as long as it remains wet during warm days :)

A quality coccinea! I have trouble growing these even though I have no problems with the hybrids.

Hello,
What is hot to you?
here it grows from 12 to +30°C with no problem, as long as it remains wet during warm days :)

There is just one "death heat" period lasting from mid July to mid September with highs consistently above 30 and lows around 26-28. I think it is the high night temperatures in particular that are the hard part for cooler growing species.

There is just one "death heat" period lasting from mid July to mid September with highs consistently above 30 and lows around 26-28. I think it is the high night temperatures in particular that are the hard part for cooler growing species.

OK 26-28°C min is too high I think... here it always drop to 17°C or less in summer nights :)

Latest posts

Back