Psychopsis Mariposa

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
N

nikv

This is a first bloom for my Psychopsis Mariposa (papilio x Kalihi). The flower opened up this morning.

IMG_0340a.jpg

And here is a close-up of the staminoid:

IMG_0350a.jpg

Best Regards,
Nik

very nice dsign and coloring Nick, and the teddybear face on the upper lip!!! Can you show another pic. when the flower is compl. open? Jean

:clap: The swarm continues!!! :clap:

very nice dsign and coloring Nick, and the teddybear face on the upper lip!!! Can you show another pic. when the flower is compl. open? Jean
Isn't it as open as it's going to get? The antennas might come up!

The antennae are more vertical today. I'll take another picture when it's fully open and post again.

Hi!

It's been another twenty-four hours and the flower has opened up. Here are some photos that I took this evening:

IMG_0355a.jpg

IMG_0359a.jpg

Of the three hybrid Psychopsis plants that I own, this is is by far the nicest one.

Best Regards,
Nik

The update looks GREAT!!!
Very nice, Nik.. :) But I am never able to differentiate between the various, extremely similar Psychopsis hybrids.. Mendenhall, Mariposa, Butterfly, Kalihi etc.. :p
It is hard, that's why I only have 1 hybrid! I believe they all share the same parent & that parent dominates?!
I have a papilio, ..... now think the different finishes paint comes in, it has a flat finish, the colors don't look as rich & bold. That's not the case with Mendenhall & Mariposa, they sparkle!

Nice! I love them. These seem to perform the best for me of the oncidium alliance.
My Mariposa is growing three buds at the same time, and the orginal spike from way back in March 2007 is still going :). I have one more spike that failed to produce. I also have papilo var aurea which I hope will be pure yellow, and significantly different from my Mariposa, but I've never seen aurea before, only alba is seen online.
Yours will get multispike not too long, if it hasn't already!

Latest posts

Back