Pleione flowers 2012

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Marc

As most of you know I started growing Pleione's this year. I started a post about it in the collections section but I'll start sharing the pictures of the flowers that I took with my DSLR here.

For starters there is the following group. It's Pleione formosana 6 bulbs in total which are standing in a nice Bonsai pot. Only three bulbs decided to flower. The other ones are only producing a leave. I was waiting for the flowers to open more but as one allready started wilting a bit today was the day to take pictures.

IMG_3474.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

IMG_3476.jpg

Next is Pleione voltolinii, the lip of this species is a bit smaller and the purple of all the sepals is a bit darker then those of the formosana clone that I have. It's only one bulb and I hope it will produce a lot of offspring in the coming years.

IMG_3477.jpg

IMG_3478.jpg

Pleine aurita, so far the nicest Pleione to open it's flower within my collection. I picked this one up in Bad Salzuflen a few weeks ago.

I really love the flower as a whole but the hairy lip is very nice to look out but also take a look at the distint striping on the colum.

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3483.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

IMG_3485.jpg

I hope you enjoyed the show, hope to do an update again in one to two weeks.

Latest posts

Back