Phalaenopsis speciosa C1

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

orchideya

All white again. I need to do a research on the factors that control red appearance.

Phal_speciosa_c1.jpg

Phal_speciosa_c2.jpg

Mine is very variable, sometimes all white, sometimes quite a mixture.
The only pattern that has been apparent to me so far is that the more light the plant gets the more red pattern there is. So especially the flowers I get early in the year tend to be far more white.

It could be something else of course, but with my plant that appears to be consistent.

Alec

What kind of temperature are you growing it with? I seem to get more red with warmer temp. Some people say that light might influence (more light more red), but in my case, the light level doesn't change since it is under an artificial light.

Also, is it the mericlone of the original 'C1'? Some (most?) of the ones which are sold as 'C1' may be seedlings derived from 'C1'.

Thank you everybody.
It is not genetics, this plant bloomed with mostly red petals before it moved into tank with artificial lights.It is getting more light now, but since tank is in the basement, the temps might be a bit lower, especially during night when lights are turned off, so I think it is temperature thing.
On the back of the picture is my huge cornu-cervi 'red', it has been in constant bloom forever...

I too think it is temps. When it bloomed with red petals, it was summer and our a/c was broken, so temps were around 30C.
Now it is in tank with 20C nights and 25C days

I too think it is temps. When it bloomed with red petals, it was summer and our a/c was broken, so temps were around 30C.
Now it is in tank with 20C nights and 25C days

Yes, I agree, it is the temperature...
Mine, in the winter tolerates not below 15C and the summer until 33-35 C (for a few days, not permanently). The average temperature for the summer days is 30C....

Latest posts

Back