Phal. Ambotris (amboinensis x equestris)

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Mutant

Reaction score
A little premiere bloomer I have at home now. I have two Ambotris, one with amboinensis white and one with an "ordinary" amboinensis as parent (both with equestris Apari), and this is the one with the white variety. The other Ambotris refuses to bloom at the moment, but it's still kind of small so it's forgiven...For now at least.

I think it's cute and I look forward to its sibling blooming so I can compare them. :)

8703070846_2ddfcae3d4_b.jpg

8703070944_dc2983b762_b.jpg

My little Ambotris has opened all of its buds now, five flowers as a first blooming. Not bad I feel. I'm debating whether or not to sell this one... It's hard when they bloom and grow so nicely as this one has done.

258422.orig.jpg

258423.orig.jpg

Thanks guys! I've decided to hold onto it for a bit longer. :)

I want it too. Of course, I usually want every equestris cross I see, but this
one is especially adorable. Why are you thinking about selling it, if I may
ask?
I'm trying to decrease the Phal part of my collection, since I find them the most bothersome (they grow out of their pots all the time etc.). I say trying, 'cause I ordered a new one today! But on the other hand, I'm selling 13, so there will be less of them at least.

The thing is, I have a limited amount of energy and the Phals take too much energy to care for, which is why I'm trying to sell some of them.

Thanks guys! I've decided to hold onto it for a bit longer. :)

I'm trying to decrease the Phal part of my collection, since I find them the most bothersome (they grow out of their pots all the time etc.). I say trying, 'cause I ordered a new one today! But on the other hand, I'm selling 13, so there will be less of them at least.

The thing is, I have a limited amount of energy and the Phals take too much energy to care for, which is why I'm trying to sell some of them.

Very sad to hear that you are reducing your Phals!:mad: You got alot of nice stuff!

I guess you are becoming more of a Paphiopedilum(Toilet Bowl) collector!:evil:

Back