Paphiopedilum malipoense var alba

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cxcanh

Reaction score
A very nice Phaph from a friend of mine. The form more like Paphiopedilum jackii

giapva.jpg

Needs to be propagated! This is the kind of rare genetic material that's easily lost to cultivation. Depending on the health of the plant, every attempt must be made to either self it or outcross to a normally colored form.....

Very impressive flowers - gorgeous !
Needs to be propagated! This is the kind of rare genetic material that's easily lost to cultivation. Depending on the health of the plant, every attempt must be made to either self it or outcross to a normally colored form.....
Indeed Tom how true !

Very nice and a very stunning apple green.

Propagation is the word here, by the way aren't you the one who shared pictures with us of Paph. canhii. Any new pictures of canhii to share with us?

Very cool! I don't think it is jackii. If it was, the staminode would be almost void of all colour. This one has a deep green colour exactly where the dark chocolate brown would be on a regular malipoense. I think malipoense is more variable in shape than most people think. We growers and exhibitors favour the rounder flowers; but, in reality, I think plenty of them are elongated horizontally across the petals like this. I've had regular coloured malipoense in the past that were this same shape. Selfing would be a VERY wise thing to do.....as well as get some pollen to someone with a good regular coloured malipoense that is currently in bloom.

to Marc: Yes I'm.
I have quite a number photo of Paph.canhii in the last two years. For this year just in spike.

Latest posts

Back