Paphiopedilum Gerd Roellke - emersonii X rothschildianum

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
O

ORG

A very rare hybrid is the cross between Paph. rothschildianum and Paph. emersonii. The first problem is to get a seed capsule and the second to get seedlings. When you get seedlings then you must wait 7 - 10 years for the first flower. So it is no wonder that this hybrid is very seldom to see.
The first plant of this cross flowered 1995 in the collection of Erika and Gerd Potent in Hamburg in Germany.
The plant was registred by them in honour for the president of the German Orchid Society as
Paphiopedilum Gerd Roellke

Here the first clone 1995 (the picture is very dark)

GerdRoellke-rothschildianumxemersonii.jpg

Here two other clones

GerdRllke-emersoniiXrothschildianumbearbeitet.jpg

PaphiopdilumGerdRllke-rothschildianumXemersonii.jpg

2 clones were shown in USA
Paph. Gerd Roellke 'Jeanie' HCC/AOS with 76 pts. 2005
Paph. Gerd Roellke 'Milton' AM/AOS with 82 pts. 2008

It would be interesting to see pictures of these clones here

Best greetings

Olaf

Thank you for posting these photos, Olaf. I've often wondered what this cross would look like. They are darker than I would have expected. I don't really see too much of the the emersonii in them.

Well, it's obvious that it's rothschildianum crossed with a Parvi, but I can't easily figure out which one. I would have guessed delenatii. That's what I meant by my comment.

The pouch is way too yellow (as in emersonii) for a dele cross. Besides that would be Paph Delrosi

Last edited:
Thanks Olaf.. Olaf did this post because I was looking for a picture of this cross, I just got a large plant of Paph. Gerd Roellke and couldn't find a pic of it and he helped me out, now all I have to do is bloom it..... Jim.

ive had one for years. its likely the slowest growing plant in my greenhouse, even with healthy vegetative and root growth. my plant has 1.5 mature growths so id like to think it might decide to bloom sometime in the next year or so....

ive had one for years. its likely the slowest growing plant in my greenhouse, even with healthy vegetative and root growth. my plant has 1.5 mature growths so id like to think it might decide to bloom sometime in the next year or so....

I still have some plants FS but still waiting to see flowers but nothing...some plants are 3-5 growths but don't want to flower(I've tried everything....even killed few of them with extreme conditions to initiate flower)...all plants from same cross...also originator of hybrid cant flower this batch unfortunately....also have few seedlings from another cross....growing well...hope they are easyer to flower...

Latest posts

Back