Paph Vanda M. Pearman (delenatii x bellatulum 'alba')

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smartie2000

Reaction score
Nothing special about this bloom, except that it grows well in S/H. This Vanda M. Pearman sends out many roots in S/H and I have it in a glass vase. Spring root growth has started already. I cannot say that all paphs do as well in S/H though.

I am wishing that it will send out a double bloomed spike one of these days.
DSCN9337.jpg

DSCN9346.jpg

Nothing special about this bloom, except that it grows well in S/H. This Vanda M. Pearman sends out many roots in S/H and I have it in a glass vase. Spring root growth has started already. I cannot say that all paphs do as well in S/H though.

I like it a lot. When you said, "I have it in a glass vase," how do you water it? Do the roots stays "wet" all the time?

I water it from the top and leave the bottom inch as a water resevoir. The top portion of the vase does not stay wet all the time, but the bottom half does stay wet all the time. I have not had any root rot on this paph (not even the oldest roots). Flush the vase occasionally as well. There is some algae growth inside so it is moist.

I think if the roots grew into the water, probably I'd have more issues with rot, the plant has not done that yet. but it is getting close, the roots are the bottom are not hairy

I would not grow any of my most prized plants this way. In fact, I have transferred some plants back into bark after I decided S/H was not beneficial. This Vanda M. Pearman has been doing well and I probably won't change it for a while. If it grows well this spring/summer, it might bloom again later this year.

I have a rather big one and it flowered for me only once. Do you grow it cool with a rest in winter? Mine has enough growths to give me 5 or 6 flowers. Yours is very pretty and very colourful.

Interesting way to grow it! I really like the bloom!! It looks like a good size flower :clap:

I have a rather big one and it flowered for me only once. Do you grow it cool with a rest in winter? Mine has enough growths to give me 5 or 6 flowers. Yours is very pretty and very colourful.

this year it was cool in the winter, because it was on a cool winter windowsill. But I didn't have to go for super cool winter conditions in previous years.

Yours will be ready to put on a show soon I hope!

I water it from the top and leave the bottom inch as a water resevoir. The top portion of the vase does not stay wet all the time, but the bottom half does stay wet all the time. I have not had any root rot on this paph (not even the oldest roots). Flush the vase occasionally as well. There is some algae growth inside so it is moist.

Thank you for the clarification.

:clap::clap:Well done! You're right it's nothing special - it's OUTSTANDING!:drool::drool:

Latest posts

Back