Paph. Memoria Connie Truax

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlipperFan

Addicted
Reaction score
micranthum x chamberlainianum -- first time blooming.

Paph_MemConnieTruax.jpg

Looks great, Dot. Is yours super slow growing? I think mine bloomed about 5 years ago and has crept along. It seems to just sit there! Two growths are now b.s. so maybe there will be a miracle. I don't see this cross often and I wonder if it's because people die before the plant gets big enough to bloom.

Oh Dot I like this guy a lot! Like others have said, not seen much but nice when it does bloom! Has it opened any more? How many buds?

Oh Dot I like this guy a lot! Like others have said, not seen much but nice when it does bloom! Has it opened any more? How many buds?
Unfortunately, this is as open as it got. But I'ts the first bloom, so maybe next time it will be better. There is one more bud....

Since someone sniped the album Paph Wild Thing and the Gina Short from me on eBay last weekend I now have money left to bid on a Jim Kie and a Taiwan Rose so I can have something similar looking soon. :D

I think the micranthum with any of the zip-zig paph. crosses are hard to bloom. I have similar one, Taida Glucothum that just sit there for 3 years and just slowly wasted away while Gold Dollar and Envy Green just blooming like crazy.

Since someone sniped the album Paph Wild Thing and the Gina Short from me on eBay last weekend I now have money left to bid on a Jim Kie and a Taiwan Rose so I can have something similar looking soon. :D

Go with Taiwan Rose or (Belroyal x mic) as they are much easier to bloom and grow faster. Jim Kie is too slow due to stonei parentage and even harder to grow and bloom than Gloria Naugle.

Latest posts

Back