Masdevallia Machu Pichu 'JV'

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Bolero

Stunning flower, when it first opens it has a velvet purple colour which gradually gets lighter. It's hard to capture the colour properly even with a good camera.

It flowers well every year and now has a second bloom as well, it would really be something to get a whole lot of flowers on it open at once. Maybe next year! I love it. One of the best Machu Pichu's around.

DSCF7173.jpg

DSCF7174.jpg

I have a lovely specimen size Jaguar Sunset but it is yet to flower... Sadly, while I can grow Masdies very well I often can't get them to flower as the temperatures don't get low enough during winter or is it summer? Any idea when the coolness is needed to flower them? I can't say I have learnt my lesson yet. I just ordered two more Masdies... I'm such a silly billy.

Lovely Machu Pichu, Bolero. Wish it was mine.

:drool: Love the color! Looks like there could be some coccinea influence!

It is easier than others to grow and seems to tolerate warmer temperatures a bit more than some other hybrids.

That's a great flower and, yes, I'd too love to see a whole bunch of them on that plant!
Awardable in Australia? Here for sure.

Latest posts

Back