Clowesia Grace Dunn

Slippertalk Orchid Forum

Help Support Slippertalk Orchid Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

goldenrose

I got this plant from Tenman's May sale, Grace done right! It has 3 spikes, the 2 spikes on the left, had about 4-5 blasted buds :sob: maybe I can be a bit freer with the water even though leaves are yellowing?
It has a fantastic grapefruit/citrus scent, especially strong when the sun is shining, I just love it, Thanks Tennis!
A little history - Grace was registered in 1959, it's a primary cross of warczewitzii x rosea.
ClowesiaGraceDunn003.jpg
ClowesiaGraceDunn005.jpg
ClowesiaGraceDunn002.jpg

Really sweet flowers, Rose, but I think, with yellowing leaves, it's time to cut back of water. Blasting buds are probably not due to lack of water. Humidity? Draft? Other???

Thanks guys! This is my first shot at this genus & I'm loving it! .... now if those flowers were a bit larger ... wonder if any attempts at 2N, 3N has been made?
Really sweet flowers, Rose, but I think, with yellowing leaves, it's time to cut back of water. Blasting buds are probably not due to lack of water. Humidity? Draft? Other???
I thought it was time to cut back on water too. If you look at the first pic it shows the buds that didn't open, none were at the end of the spike, more in the mid section. Humidity has been pretty consistent in the GH, I guess draft could be a possibility & who knows it could be 'the other'! The mysteries of orchid growing!

Latest posts

Back