• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Seriously. I also kinda miss stuff like COD4's approach where maps were taken from the campaign. I was playing COD4 remastered before MWII came out, and remembered that Bog transitions directly into Crossfire in the campaign. There were a few more than were directly connected too and I though that was really clever. This one sort of feels a little disconnected from the main campaign.

I really really want Favela or a one styled like it. Farm 18 isn't good enough for a fun shotgun level.
Thats the thing that is crazy to me with COD4 maps,
many of them are from campaign almost 1to1, had one designer working on them and are some of the best in the franchise...
latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

latest

(Bog isn't very good)
All lifted heavily straight from campaign

these days entire teams are working on them for far longer and most are complete ass.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
I'm not seeing many people run the kastov but I see rando YouTubers saying it's broken? 🤔. I see a lot of fennec and 1-shot kill guns every match.

I dont think there really is a meta gun atm despite all the sniper rifles.
Everywhere you go on the internet they tell you a different gun that apparently is OP.
For some its the MP5 for some its the AKs others say Fennec some say its the Lachmann DMR.

Also from my experience in games moyt guns are distributed equally. But snipers are just everywhere. Especiallywith Overkill

GrubChub

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is anybody else getting crashes just when trying to edit a loadout? I haven't played the last few days (hadababyitsaboy), but now it is just crashing when I try to just look at loadouts. Couldn't find anything on the subreddit.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Bog is great.

Mostly due to nostalgia. That and District were the first two CoD maps I ever played online.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
In my 16 years of playing CoD, I've never encountered such a bad weapon unlock system. It is absolutely agonizing having to grind a battle riffle for 13 levels just to unlock an ar base, then grind that one, just to unlock the actual smg that you want to try out. Whoever came up with that idea must be extra stupid with some powdered sugar on top of it.

LetsEatSnacks

Oct 18, 2020
United States
Have to agree with the sentiment around the multiplayer maps. I don't think there is a single one where I've said, "Oh good, its this map." I know some maps grow on you over time but I really wouldn't mind a few nostalgia maps just to keep me interested while I try to adapt to the new stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
In my 16 years of playing CoD, I've never encountered such a bad weapon unlock system. It is absolutely agonizing having to grind a battle riffle for 13 levels just to unlock an ar base, then grind that one, just to unlock the actual smg that you want to try out. Whoever came up with that idea must be extra stupid with some powdered sugar on top of it.

It feels like the change to Ghost and Cold Blooded...

"We at IW are spending our precious time making this game for you.
We spent time working on these killstreaks.... So you will have to die to them for a few minutes each game.

We made all these weapons so yall will just have to use them to get stuff anyone cares about, especially ones we didn't give a shit about r put any balance work into like the M16"

a916

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, if you have Ghost and there's a UAV, you show up on the mini-map if you don't have a suppressor? And even if you do it pings you if you shoot (with a suppressor?)

Lol what the f...

Have to agree with the sentiment around the multiplayer maps. I don't think there is a single one where I've said, "Oh good, its this map." I know some maps grow on you over time but I really wouldn't mind a few nostalgia maps just to keep me interested while I try to adapt to the new stuff.

They're just chaotic... maybe that's what they're going for. Is there even a 3 lane map in this game?

iRAWRasaurus

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not seeing many people run the kastov but I see rando YouTubers saying it's broken? 🤔. I see a lot of fennec and 1-shot kill guns every match.
I believe the first AK is a 3 shot kill before the first drop off whatever thats at. And the AKS74U is also a 3 shot (?) thats pretty consistent with the right attachments.

Keyframe

Oct 29, 2017
Been running hollow point ammo to ruin the day of runner assholes and it's so much fun watching them try to run away slowly while you mow them down.

Rey

Oct 27, 2017
I think they should stop with Ground War. I get that it makes sense to use the Battle Royale areas as Ground War maps, but the mode itself is just way too unfocused. There is no flow to the maps and the only viable tactic seems to be sniping from a vantage point. I would much rather have a more fleshed out 6v6 experience again, both in quantity and also quality. The little 6v6 maps there are don't really have an identity, outside of maybe Mercado and Farm18.

Honestly I think its used as a playground to unlock gold camo's for launchers and snipers etc. Its fine for getting those challenges done but besides that its really boring.

Oct 27, 2017
I take one for the team by always running with a launcher. As soon as I hear that sound, I start hunting.🤣

The only map that is annoying is the Racecourse one (I think) it has random NPC planes floating around and it puts me off every time 🥲
Counters are annoying since they blend in with the sky and they're tiny and don't move like uavs.

Sec0nd

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I think it works on paper. It makes people play every gun eventually and that helps people branch out a bit. Which is nice because lots of people stick to the first gun they do decent with and end up scared to branch out, and/or immediately quit other guns as they do poorly with them at first because they aren't used to them. And at the end of the day it's not that different to just leveling your player level to unlock it.

But the entire UI is just so bad it makes the entire process really confusing, weird and stupid.

Mindfreak191

Dec 2, 2017
I think it works on paper. It makes people play every gun eventually and that helps people branch out a bit. Which is nice because lots of people stick to the first gun they do decent with and end up scared to branch out, and/or immediately quit other guns as they do poorly with them at first because they aren't used to them. And at the end of the day it's not that different to just leveling your player level to unlock it.

But the entire UI is just so bad it makes the entire process really confusing, weird and stupid.
Noup, it would make sense if unlocking an smg would have you unlock the lower class smg's first, because you know, I want to play with an smg, not a battle riffle with which I suck ass and can barely hit anyone with.

Oct 27, 2017
Bog is great.

Mostly due to nostalgia. That and District were the first two CoD maps I ever played online.
District, I miss that map.

Only map I think this is Farm, and for some reason that map barely comes up. The rotation in this game is weird as hell, the same maps come up over and over.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
I'm pretty neutral on the maps overall (apart from Border Crossing which feels like an RNG experience), but the Hotel left a pretty good impression on me in Search & Destroy. Especially zooming through with throwing knives and Dead Silence.

Rey

Oct 27, 2017
After playing about 60 hours I would rate them like this.

Breenbergh Hotel - Great
Valderas Museum - Great
Farm 18 - Great
Mercado Las Almas - Good
Al Bagra Fortress - OK

Embassy - Meh
El Asilo - Meh
Zarqwa Hydroelectric - Meh

Taraq - Crap
Crown Raceway - Crap
Santa Border Crossing - Crap

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Season 1 of MW19 added a bunch of maps, didn't it? Sure, this one is starting much sooner after launch, but I don't think it's unreasonable to expect a map or two.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
That is a bunch of stuff for sure, damn. Three maps and new game modes next week would be awesome, but I'm not holding my breath.

Pennybags

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Thats the thing that is crazy to me with COD4 maps,
many of them are from campaign almost 1to1, had one designer working on them and are some of the best in the franchise.
(Bog isn't very good)
All lifted heavily straight from campaign

these days entire teams are working on them for far longer and most are complete ass.
Would love to see a bunch of COD 4 maps, especially Chinatown. Countdown would probably be a nightmare in this game with the overall lethality of weapons in MWII, long sightlines, and the SPR crisis ongoing.

Karu

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can I expect the objective ignoring assbags to leave with the launch of Warzone?? =(

Zombegoast

Oct 30, 2017
IW has remade several maps from CoD1 and Taraq made me realize that the classic map doesn't work in the new games

Blops3 remade a World at War map called Rupture which was like a poor man's version of Angel City from Titanfall. It even has mechs

Oct 25, 2017
Would love to see a bunch of COD 4 maps, especially Chinatown. Countdown would probably be a nightmare in this game with the overall lethality of weapons in MWII, long sightlines, and the SPR crisis ongoing.
If the "best of pack" thing is true i'd say its extremely like because Chinatown is a remake of an og map that continuously shows up
latest

WJD

Nov 4, 2017
Can't believe the lack of barracks/commendations. Has there been any explanation for this?

Or at least acknowledgment.

dodo

Oct 27, 2017
I actually don't hate the maps as much as a lot of people seem to. I think my biggest criticism of them would be that a lot of them swing wildly in quality based on what mode you're on. Taraq is a lot of fun on Kill Confirmed (the size means running for tags is actually dangerous) but can be miserable in an aimless TDM. Embassy is great for Hardpoint but has too many chokepoints spread out at once in Domination. That kind of thing. I even like Border Crossing on some modes, although the bug (?) where the spawns refuse to flip sometimes can make it a real slog.

If there were more maps I think it would alleviate the issues somewhat. Some of these maps should be weighted to be more common in some playlists than in others, and there should be more maps geared to different modes. I'm happy that they're not all reskins of the same three lane design, at least.

Oct 27, 2017
Can't believe the lack of barracks/commendations. Has there been any explanation for this?

Or at least acknowledgment.

Nope and the silly thing is they have on their current website 2 days before release that on launch tons of challenges and features will be available, yet they arent.

Oct 25th

We'll probably get all that stuff with battlepass and warzone with the next update. The communication has been a joke, just like the UI in the game.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Lol, I kind of love it that even I got the video thingie email even though I barely played WZ

image.png

Oh yeah. VETERAN.

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
Ok I take it back, the MX9 is godly when setup correctly.

If anyone wants to try the setup here it is: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXJiXAfKxBs

I'll be changing the scope out though for the blue dot sight.
never understand videos like these, how do they get into these easy lobbies to make videos? There are several points throughout that where enemies literally run right by him and dont even attempt to shoot at him.

Azai

Jun 10, 2020
never understand videos like these, how do they get into these easy lobbies to make videos? There are several points throughout that where enemies literally run right by him and dont even attempt to shoot at him.
SBMM. Back in MW19 you often had it that streamers would shoot in the air and get themselves killed to get in low skill matches for their videos.