Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree521Likes

TLR 8ightX

Hide Wikipost
Old 03-15-2019, 09:43 PM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: TLR 8ightX
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: 1/8 IC Fan
TLR Eight X

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2021, 08:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silence360
Got it, thank you!

Darn Lit Blocks are sold out as well!
damn, really? I just got mine 5 days ago! They must only get a few at a time.

Last edited by xlrsd; 12-24-2021 at 08:38 PM. Reason: Error
Old 12-24-2021, 08:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by xlrsd
damn, really? I just got mine 5 days ago! They must only get a few at a time.
Yah, I had one in my cart, and was just about to pay for it, and it was gone. I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy 1 or 2 sets as I've got 2 8ight-X Elites. Damn, got to wait for the next batch now.
Old 12-25-2021, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

token answered this a few pages back. It actually does nothing to the set up. He just said so you have less parts to carry around. Meaning, no need to carry separate parts for rear and front. Just have the same for front and back, using the rears.
The front X diff outdrives are longer, in most cases no extra length is required. Depending on setup and preference the longer and heavier outdrives can accommodate.., the longer outdrives may suit better in the rear, The perch only raises slightly so don’t see much affect from that.

If for some reason the front or rear drives are coming up short in the slot before the taper.. maybe??
Old 12-26-2021, 07:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silence360
Yah, I had one in my cart, and was just about to pay for it, and it was gone. I couldn't decide if I wanted to buy 1 or 2 sets as I've got 2 8ight-X Elites. Damn, got to wait for the next batch now.
mine are at the darn post office lol.

Might of bought the last pair :-P jk
Old 12-27-2021, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Juglenaut
The front X diff outdrives are longer, in most cases no extra length is required. Depending on setup and preference the longer and heavier outdrives can accommodate.., the longer outdrives may suit better in the rear, The perch only raises slightly so don’t see much affect from that.

If for some reason the front or rear drives are coming up short in the slot before the taper.. maybe??
there is no need for them and dont see that part being made moving forward.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by token
This is the 1st I've heard of the 0626 being twitchy. Most people say it makes the car too numb, especially in the corners. The sweep setup is definitely more twitchy.
I just came across this one, specifically for the 8XE Elite and -3mm chassis running just the LIT C Block. How the heck did I miss this? TLR sneaking stuff in over here!

Anyone try this one? Looks like the 0626 setup, just with the LIT C block and +2 rear hubs.

I'm going to be trying LIT's both C and D blocks on the car.
Attached Files
Old 12-28-2021, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys I need a little help if possible, I like the car it does basically everything I am looking for but how do I get a little more rear grip ? I did push the hubs back all the way and that improved it some but was looking for more if possible ? I am running the stock set up and looking for ideas if possible the back is a little slippery then my Xray I was driving .
Old 12-28-2021, 04:41 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ofna2005
Hey guys I need a little help if possible, I like the car it does basically everything I am looking for but how do I get a little more rear grip ? I did push the hubs back all the way and that improved it some but was looking for more if possible ? I am running the stock set up and looking for ideas if possible the back is a little slippery then my Xray I was driving .
See the last 3,4 or 5 pages...
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 12-29-2021, 04:31 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks for tip I have gone back the last 6 pages and this conversation has been going on for awhile . I like the options that are available, has anybody tried the tki4 hub to give there personal experiences? That looked to be the easiest to try for a novice , again thanks for tips .
token likes this.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:44 PM
Tech Fanatic

Alright gents. Now I’m confused. Am currently installing the new LitRC C and D blocks on my Elite. As I was going to install the pills in the blocks, (trying to install the 1 in and down on C, and 1 in on D). As you can see in the pic, some pills have 1 dot; and some pills have two dots. Now, I’m ASSUMING this is what is meant by 1 in and down, and 1 in, meaning the number of dots?? Or number of POSITIONS in or down, which on LitRC, the 2 dot pills are the ones that are one position out from center. The single dot pills; are two positions out from center. So confusing. Lol just wanna make sure before I install these so I don’t do it wrong and mess my handling up even more. Someone with some experience with this things want to clarify? Lol. Thanks gents.

Last edited by xlrsd; 12-29-2021 at 02:48 PM. Reason: Add clarification.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:52 PM
Tech Master

Alright gents. Now I’m confused. Am currently installing the new LitRC C and D blocks on my Elite. As I was going to install the pills in the blocks, (trying to install the 1 in and down on C, and 1 in on D). As you can see in the pic, some pills have 1 dot; and some pills have two dots. Now, I’m ASSUMING this is what is meant by 1 in and down, and 1 in, meaning the number of dots?? Or number of POSITIONS in or down, which on LitRC, the 2 dot pills are the ones that are one position out from center. The single dot pills; are two positions out from center. So confusing. Lol just wanna make sure before I install these so I don’t do it wrong and mess my handling up even more. Someone with some experience with this things want to clarify? Lol. Thanks gents.
Yes 1 dot down and in for the C Block. 1 dot in for the D block. Don't forget to clearance the gearbox up by the C block as shown.

token likes this.
Old 12-29-2021, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Evoking1230
Yes 1 dot down and in for the C Block. 1 dot in for the D block. Don't forget to clearance the gearbox up by the C block as shown.

awesome, thanks for the clarification brother. Lol. Much appreciated! Yep, about to start dremmeling.
Evoking1230 likes this.
Old 12-30-2021, 12:58 PM
Tech Adept

hello !!

i decided to share my real opinion to get the perfect rear end for the 8ight-x

for me and using stock 8ight-x chassis , buy kyosho mp10 rear hubs and mount them......

is direct fit using same bearings , arms pins and upper links and you only have to drill 2 holes 7 milimeters inner the stock arm hole and with 3.5 milimeters diameter...

is a new car after you test it this way!!!! is perfect because finnaly you can put the rear traction on the ground and feel the the rear following the front on throtlle!!

i know that using c blocks you get good results too but for me here in portugal is cheaper and faster to get kyosho hubs ( 10 dollars ) than to get new design losi hubs (85 dollars more shipping and taxes) or get c blocks...

you now can tune rear kyosho bushings on the hubs and get from 5 milimeters more of leght from wheel to wheel to almost 8 milimeters and this with stock wheel hexe...

i test the car today on 2 different tracks and with no more changes than the hubs is amazing the difference on my times....

i can give throtlle and see the car rotate and see rear following the front and putting traction to ground without sleeping away....

for me is what was missing on this car .... now is perfect and one of the best drivings i hever had..... really amazing!!!

sorry for me english and any help for those who want to try this mod fell free to ask!!

happy new year to all and regards!!

Old 12-30-2021, 05:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

That's probably a cheaper alternative to the Apexx hubs, but that is basically what the hubs from Apexx are doing as you can see here, but with more adjustability. I would probably buy there drill jig, and run the MP10 hubs instead on my other 8ight-X.
Old 12-30-2021, 05:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Anyone know why center diff mounts and the 8ight-X shock tool is sold together?? Seems like a very odd pairing. I just want the shock tools lhaha.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.