Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aztcqn

Laelia Pacavia

aztcqn
6 years ago

First bloom in garden. Have several of this type. Love all the flower colors in the vintage colors!!!

Comments (9)

• Darlene (GreenCurls)
    6 years ago

This has been on my wish list for years! Fantastic color.

aztcqn thanked Darlene (GreenCurls)
  • aztcqn
    Original Author
    6 years ago

These are my favorite favorites. I, almost, want to downsize everything else and give all my love to these....but, I love all my babies.
    All from Santa Barbara Orchid Estate. They do have some beautiful seedlings.

• Ingrida
    6 years ago

All I can say is: WOW!

aztcqn thanked Ingrida
  • Sheila
    6 years ago

Gorgeous flowers, .

aztcqn thanked Sheila
  • aztcqn
    Original Author
    6 years ago
    last modified: 6 years ago

Thanks Ingrida, Sheila
    :]
    @Ben,

I think the climate in my area is just right for these plants. They grow very well, here. We're about 7 miles from the ocean and will often get an evening fog even in summer. The trees protect from the harshest sun at noon and there's always a breeze.

I've learned (after some heartbreaking losses) one of the easiest way to grow orchids is to find the one that likes your conditions.

Here's a sibling

• Ben(8b/9a north FL)
    6 years ago

"I've learned (after some heartbreaking losses) one of the easiest way to grow orchids is to find the one that likes your conditions."

AMEN... this is also something not many people (orchid growers) can adjust to... myself included as the ultimate "doubting Thomas" I have to see it fail for myself....

• shavedmonkey (Harvey in South Fl.)Z10b
    6 years ago

Me too. In the beginning I chose plants based on the flower only. It took me a while, but I get it. The menu of orchids is very large. If you start with the set of orchids that likes your culture, the possibility of success is much higher. And the list of choices can be very large.

• Ingrida
    6 years ago

Not as stunning, as the first, but still lovely.