Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
scott361_gw

Trisetella pantex

scott361
17 years ago

First time bloomer for me!! These things drop leaves like it's going out of style when they're unhappy! It's coming back from the dead and I hope it will stay happy this time. It has several other buds and the flowers are smaller than my other Trisetellas! It's a lot more difficult to photo! Scott

Image link: {{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• bolero
    17 years ago

I have a porroglossum that drops leaves like that I have never been able to work out why.

Interesting plant, I haven't seen them available before.

Thanks for sharing.

• sdahl
    17 years ago

Neat little flowers! Kinda look like snails with their "ears" out.

Sharon

• turkeytaker
    17 years ago

That's a cutie and I know what you mean on a hard shot. Nicely done! Stacy

• newbiez8or
    17 years ago

Hi Scott,
    Very nice! I know what you mean about the leaves falling off. I have a trisetella hoejerii and am battling that now. I grow mine in a small pot in sphag on a pebble tray I keep getting buds that blast and leaves that yellow and fall off. It does seem to be putting out new you leaves so I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong. I also have trisetella sororia with a nice bud on it. Some of the other buds blasted but this one looks ok (fingers crossed).

• scott361
    Original Author
    17 years ago

Thanks!! These are the others that I have! The ones marked with a B are from the haul that I got from Bada/Ulysses! I was the first one to respond to his posted sale back in July and so I got some really choice orchids! (It came through on my Yahoo Orchid Species list.)Out of the different ones that I requested, I think that I got about 17 of them. The others I've managed to snag here and there. I'm always on the lookout for new ones and trying to care for these! Trisetella dressleri--- Trisetella gemmata(B)--- Trisetella hirtzii--- Trisetella hoeijeri(B)--- Trisetella nodulifera--- Trisetella pantex(B)--- Trisetella strumosa--- I'd have to do a complete check to see which ones might not make it. It's my understanding that they will drop their leaves without any warning! I really do wish that you'd get some sort of warning first. The only other one that has bloomed for me is the T stumosa. It was one of my first ones from several years ago. It has several blooms right now and more coming out. I think that I've posted a photo before, but I'll post a current one next with this one included in the shot! I can't see how people grow them without have a stable cool and moist area! Scott

• ifraser25
    17 years ago

I look down the list and find there's more....

• nora_cy_lee
    17 years ago

Hi Scott, How long did you wait for it to come back from dead?

• scott361
    Original Author
    17 years ago

You know, I not really sure how long it took! Also, dead is sort of relative. I think that it still had several leaves. I have a couple that have lost all of their leaves and I'm not holding out much hope. It took some time to find the proper place for them and they didn't like the delay. I have some orchids that have started to grow back from just a dead stick. These are different and I'm not sure how much has to be left for a recovery! Scott

• nora_cy_lee
    17 years ago

Scott, will that will take a year or so for a dead stick to recover? I mean, having some new leaves come back.