Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gardenbear1

Cyber dancer blooms

gardenbear1
14 years ago

My Cyber dancer Christmas cactus is starting to bloom and will keep blooming until after the first of the year I've never seen a Christmas cactus this dark of pink. as of now it only has 2 flowers and a few buds but in time it will be loaded with flowers.

Bear

Comments (11)

• jojosplants
    14 years ago

So PRETTY!!!
    Wow!

Lucky you! :)

I've never had any luck with this type plant.

You must post again when it's full!
    JoJo

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

Very pretty!! I had one last year...beautiful pink similar to yours...sadly I lost it...root rot. I am trying a few new ones this year, better soil hopefully... wish me luck!

Thanks for posting!

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    14 years ago

Interesting! Thanks for sharing!
    So, is this an actual Christmas Cactus? I notice the pointed leaf-margins, and so I ask. The flower-buds seem to point downward, but I can't quite tell if the flower itself points to a forty-five degree angle...or if it's merely resting against the countertop.
    Update!

Josh

• prayerrock
    14 years ago

Love it bear!! I have one in bud right now also that is blooming for the first time. Looks like it is going to be a pink one....I am looking foward to it, have had the plant for several years and it never bloomed till now:) I have some cuttings in bloom but the buds are really small so I dont expect the flowers to be much...I am just so suprised that unrooted cuttings are even blooming..LOL

Mary

• gardenbear1
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for looking at my cactus and I'm glad you all enjoyed them I will post more as the bloom.
    greemman, the flower is resting on the counter, I took the hanger off so I could get a pic of it, it is a actual Christmas Cactus, I have Easter and Thanksgiving cactus too.I've had some of on other holiday cactus get the wilt(not sure what its really called but it looks wilted),as I call it they droop and look as if the need water but its from all the blooms as soon as they stop blooming the come right back and look great.My Thor Kiri (light red) get the wilt ever year and still blooms like crazy.

Bear

• greenman28 NorCal 7b/8a
    14 years ago

Thanks!
    So does this one look different than your Thanksgiving Cactus?

Josh

• kaktuskris
    14 years ago

Don't want to be the contrarian here, but this is definitely Thanksgiving cactus, not Christmas cactus. The pointed segments are a giveaway. On Christmas cactus, they are rounded, as has been discussed before on this forum.

Christopher

• prayerrock
    14 years ago

It is a thanksgiving cactus like kaktuskris said..the points on the leaves give it away.

This link will help you see the differance in the 3.

http://cactus.biology.dal.ca/paulS/christmas/christmas.html#recognition

• puglvr1
    14 years ago

I agree, I believe the true CC's have the smooth edges,no pointed segments or sharp points...the one that I lost that was very similar to yours was also Thanksgiving Cactus, not the true CC. Either way...it is beautiful!

I have never seen any of the big box stores or local nurseries in my area ever offer the true CC's for sale, only the Thanksgiving and Easter cactus.

• beachplant
    14 years ago

Home Depot had "real" christmas cactus a few years ago, the vendor was from central Texas. Unfortunately I didn't write down the name of the vendor and the plants were a casualty of Ike. I've yet to figure out Home Depot, sometimes all the plants seem to come from Florida, other times there are plants from smaller Texas growers, does each Home Depot decide themselves? Each state? This year all they have are the Thanksgiving cactus. Either way they are pretty but I like the rounded leaves more than the pointy ones.
    Tally HO!

• seamommy
    14 years ago

Doesn't really matter what you call it, what a beautiful color! How is it doing now?