Bulbophyllum sp.

manders

Guest Andreas Eils

Very beautiful orchid!! :woot:

How do they PUNISH tourists in Thailand who "save" wild plants from their doom? Beheading?!

A real pity because of the plants! ;-)

Thanks for posting

Andreas

Nice seeing a flowering Bulbo. in-situ!

It looks like something from the section Cirrhopetalum. It resembles some pics of B. pumilio that I have seen. However, it is difficult to say for sure since plant pics found on the internet is not always correctly labeled.

Regards,

Christer

Hello manders,

very nice plants in situ, many thanks for sharing! I'm growing Bulbophyllum makoyanum as companion plant with my nepenthes. It stays quite small and has some unusual but nice flowers:

B_makoyanum_C.jpg

B_makoyanum_A.jpg

B_makoyanum_B.jpg

Joachim

Edited by Joachim

A web site that is usually quite helpful when trying to ID orchid species is the IOSPE, but it is not without faults.

I noticed that B. retusiusculum was quite close too, but going by the text the pseudobulb shape, as well as number of flowers on the inflorescence, seemed to match B. pumilio better. That said, the photos accompanying either of those species didn't match the texts, at least not the flower count. Maybe there has been a mix-up with the pics.

p.s. nice B. makoyanum, Joachim.

Regards,

Christer

Edited by christerb