Brachypetalum orchids in bloom one with keiki on inflourescence

salty dog

Chameleon Enthusiast
2A21EADD-F00C-434B-8804-BD5CBA5FCFA4.jpeg CB957D97-0961-4ED0-BB26-C27D04BE9394.jpeg CE47B0B3-1880-46AD-BC06-38C85C0A9B89.jpeg 4BC10D0B-9450-4C03-B000-9F06D30B8FEC.jpeg 60E50BF5-D528-4065-BD05-CB32B0DAC73E.jpeg

Thank you!! The keiki is on a concolor v. Longipetalum. Aka paph Josianne, that one is going into bloom also...I've been growing these since 2012, and have never seen a brachypetalum or any paphiopedilum grow a keiki from an inflourescence

Dang dude, that's sweet. Good job!

Does the second flower have purple or black spots? I'm looking for a mostly black orchid flower or as close as I can find.

@Dbash44 Are you looking for a Paph orchid specifically or any orchid species with a black flower?

I know there are several crosses of Paphs that are almost black. I have a couple of friends that crossed some plants (they were sent to a lab to propagate) and some of the plants from their cross were some of the darkest paphs I have ever seen. I've also seen some very dark paphs at orchid shows, so they are definitely out there.

The Monnierara Millennium Magic 'Witchcraft' FCC/AOS and Fdk. After Dark Black Pearl gets very dark, almost black flowers. In my opinion, these plants are easy to grow once their care is understood.

There is also Dracula vampire this orchid is much harder to grow and needs the proper conditions, but not only is it ridiculously awesome looking flower, some clones get very dark, almost black.

Brasiliorchis schunkeana (syn. Maxillaria schunkeana) also have some very dark, almost black clones.

Fdk (catesetum x mormodes) is the darkest black orchid, although there are Japanese made brachypetalum hybrids that are near black, but very very few are decent enough to display

Back
Top Bottom