Sign in to follow this  
Teo

sv_maprotationcurrent nor sv_mapRotation into the server.cfg?

Hello guys,

I'm Teo from Soldier Of Fortune 2, me and my own clan over almost 15 years of sof2 clan are moving to cod4 because none is anymore playing sof2 unfortunately and to keep us 2geter enjoing the shooting time we decided to move here.

i run the server under the default 1.7 linux bin, now someone suggested me to change it to your 1.7a bin file, it works properly now but i had to fight a bit b4 to get it running. i figured out why it didnt start after a while, i used to lunch the game without set up the map because i have into the server.cfg these 2 commands set up: sv_maprotationcurrent - sv_mapRotation but seems in this version you need to launch the map with map mapname into the remote consol or it doesnt start. is there any already known bug or anything else about this issue?

another thing, i see there is a botfile with some bot inside, is there a list of command i can read?

manyh thanks and good job with this bin.

Well you are moving form SoF2 to CoD4 now ? Well I'm not sure if that is such a great idea as here is a huge decline in players already as well.

You have to append to your servers command line either

+map mp_crash

or

+map_rotate

Or you put it as the very last line into your server.cfg: "map_rotate" / "map mapname" / "vstr nextmap"

for the last option you have to set "nextmap" map of course.

about that botnames.txt

It is only for the case you are running script-bots like you can see on Rotu servers. Then server would use that names instead botxxx

Hello ye we r moving to cod4 only now because our server was full since last years now: 0 players only me and some other.. we will see how things go :)

about my issue is weird, i tried lot of stuff till now i see it won't read the sv_maprotate from my server.cfg file but somewhere else because is different from what i set up :/

my startup line is:

./cod4_lnxded +exec {cfg1} +set sv_maxclients {slots} +map_rotate +set net_ip {ip} +set net_port {port} +set fs_homepath {cfg2} +set fs_basepath {cfg3} +set dedicated 2 +set sv_punkbuster {cfg4} +sv_authorizemode 0

my server.cfg and mapcycle.cfg files are located into main folder as the follow:

attached both

thanks for your time.

i figured out what the problem is... maprotation should be this way:

sv_mapRotation "map mp_pipeline map mp_countdown map mp_killhouse map mp_cargoship map mp_creek map mp_carentan map mp_backlot map mp_bloc map mp_citystreets map mp_vacant map mp_bog map mp_crossfire map mp_broadcast map mp_crash map mp_shipment map mp_farm map mp_overgrown map mp_showdown map mp_citystreets map mp_strike"

not like it was.. thanks anw.

Now, do you know a cool Admin mod like RPM for sof2 for Admin permission, Clan, ingame Status etc to add at server for my clan please?

You can also use "set nextmap" and "vstr nextmap" instead of sv_maprotation.

Cool admin mod ? The popular ones will have incompatibility issues at some point with CoD4X and so working only in stock CoD4 very good.

There is an in game integrated one. You can execute commands with a leading $-sign. Authsetadmin, setcmdminpower, authlistadmins, authlogin, cmdpowerlist, cmdlist

Are some commands you should play with.

oh thanks i will tray you tip for commands! there is a full list of commands to read and understand how them works also?last thing:i set up the message system with punkbuster by including this pb_sv_load pbsvmsg.cfg but since punkbuster doesn't support anymore cod4 is there another why to set up server messages?many thanks!

EDIT- i cannot understand how to use the command u listed. i tried:

rcon login rconpassword

rcon cmdlist [not working]

:/

Hello,

i already set up the rcon pw, how to use the command in consol?

and addrulemsg i need to add in my server.cfg? if yest how?

set addrulemsg "..................."

there is a list of commands or an how to so i can understand please? :)

edited

i figured out how to add the messages and i get the list thanks.

isn't possible have some message in the normal chat instead of at top of the page?

sorry i'm bit noob with this game lol

isn't possible have some message in the normal chat instead of at top of the page?

The idea was not to spam the chat with stuff. So if you want to spam the chat you have to either spam from gamescript it or send rcon-say commands.

oh i see, is nice not to spam the chat yes i was thinking something like a welcome message just at time when someone join not wvery tot secons :) is there something like that?

i was wrong.. i cannot understand why with this bin i cannot have the map_rotation i set... have u any idea? thanks.

map like killhose with this bin wont start... with the default it start any idea please?

Damn thanks anyway mate, i figured out what it was... i'm dumb... if you notice in my config is missing a / in a comment so the poor game couldn't read properly the next code because of that.. :)

thanks for your support i get crazy to fix it.

is there a way to set up in the cfg file the adds messages? i see i restarted the server and they gone :/ thanks again.

i'm dumb... if you notice in my config is missing a / in a comment so the poor game couldn't read properly the next code because of that.. :)

Well I know about that issue as I did told you :P

Well you can add the message into your server.cfg.

But on 1st line you have to clear everything.

hehe id didnt read sorry lol

oke i have to set it this whay?

set clearallmsg

set addrulemsg "........1..........."

set addrulemsg "........2..........."

set addrulemsg ".........3.........."

set addrulemsg "........4..........."

and what about this command: setcmdminpower

how to set up in my server.cfg file for exemple:

60 point = kick permission

70 point = temp ban permission

80 point = perm ban permission

thanks again! :)

Guest Ares

setCmdMinPower : sets a minimal power required to execute the command

For example:

setCmdMinPower kick 60

setCmdMinPower tempban 70

Cheers :)

yep i already fixed it removing the set thanks anw ;)

and about the permission i figured out if i set that setCmdMinPower permission to every command i can set up admins this why right?

/rcon setadmin @youruid 60 or 70 or 80 or 90 ...etc...

i cannot understand why UID is N/D... any idea? thanks.

how can i protect clanmembers like giving a tag or something like that?

sorry to bother you...