Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

=B1LL=

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Ok, I got the patch already.

I already told it to install it in the Macintosh HD. Now It's asking me which one I want to update: COD 4 MODERN WARFARE, OR COD4 MODERN WARFARE MULTIPLAYER.

Which one do I choose??

----

KK, I was too nervous, so I picked multiplayer. Let's see what happens. *fingers crossed*

=B1LL=

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
DAMMIT :mad:

It didn't work!!:mad::mad::mad:

GAH!

I got this error:

ERROR

mp_broadcast.ff is different from the server.

=B1LL=

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
Oh, and I checked, and I have the same EXACT files as you.......... :confused::(

what do you suggest?

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
you can choose both of them to update at the same time just hit other again and choose both apps. make sure they are both 1.7

i hope this works.

Attachments

• update.jpg
    update.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 833
  • version 1.7.jpg
    version 1.7.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 383

=B1LL=

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
I couldn't get them to update at the same time, but updated one after the other.

They are both 1.7 now.......... and it still DOESN'T work!!!!!!!!!!!!

omg :(

What should I do?? Should you send me the files..?

bokdol

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2002
VA
the files are too big for them to go through my email. i dont get why they dont work......

my email only send 10 MB files these look to be 40 - 50 MB

=B1LL=

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 5, 2008
It works just fine now.

I can't believe it was because of somestupid permissions! Aaagh and I erased my profile!!!

LOL, but i got it fixed now.

Thank you, man. You rock.

MrBean

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
What permissions were needed to be fixed?

I am coming across pretty much the same problem but the mismatch is occurring in the "Code_post_gfx_mp.ff" file.

For now I have only been playing at 1.5, but want to play on the 1.7 servers since there are a lot more there.

TGV

macrumors newbie
Nov 16, 2008
Utrecht, The Netherlands
It's simple

Thanks for the people from this thread for finding it out (I just tried it, and it works, but it might be difficult to discover if you're not really into permissions etc.).

If you have this problem, go to the folder /Applications/Games/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/zone/english. If you do this in the Finder, you will see a few black icons there. If you do "Get Info", you'll see that they cannot be read by everyone, and that your account is missing from the list. Change it so that everyone can read them and you're done. You can also do this from the terminal. Go to the same directory, make yourself administrator and type "sudo chmod +rx *" (or just the names of the black files).

I think the problem is that we installed the game under our own account, using drag&drop, and then ran the updater as administrator. That makes that the new files are inaccessible. The above procedure fixes that.

MrBean

macrumors member
Nov 10, 2008
Thanks for the people from this thread for finding it out (I just tried it, and it works, but it might be difficult to discover if you're not really into permissions etc.).

If you have this problem, go to the folder /Applications/Games/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4/Call\ of\ Duty\ 4\ Data/zone/english. If you do this in the Finder, you will see a few black icons there. If you do "Get Info", you'll see that they cannot be read by everyone, and that your account is missing from the list. Change it so that everyone can read them and you're done. You can also do this from the terminal. Go to the same directory, make yourself administrator and type "sudo chmod +rx *" (or just the names of the black files).

I think the problem is that we installed the game under our own account, using drag&drop, and then ran the updater as administrator. That makes that the new files are inaccessible. The above procedure fixes that.

Awesome, thanks for explaining which permissions needed to be fixed.

Got it patched to 1.7 and working..... YAY!!!

emmett117

macrumors newbie
Dec 1, 2008
can you clarify what you mean by black icons. is it just the ones with "exec" in the corner?

thanks so much for solving this maps problem!! it was driving me crazy too!

George12345

macrumors newbie
Feb 10, 2009
hmm

i read the whole thread and still i couldnt fix my problem, my problem is that when i join a server the screen will turn black and a sign will be rejected reading " common_mp.ff file is different from the server" i went into the folders and found the while and all the others, none of them were black...what to do? anyone please help? george_mouselli@hotmail.com is my msn if anyone thinks its easier to talk there!:D

bizyBoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
Same

This is really frustrating.

I just downloaded the 1.7 patch but cannot play on the new maps!

Whenever I try to play on Creek, Broadcast, or Chinatown, I get an error. For example, if i try to play on creek, I get this:

mp_creek.ff is different from server

Is anyone else getting this????

Please help me :(

yeah, this is happening to me too. how did you fix it?

bizyBoo

macrumors newbie
Mar 15, 2010
Thank you so much

Ok listen to this guy: TGV. :D If you guys don't get this, it's simple. Just go and find your call of duty data folder.
2. go to folder zone then english.
3. Find all the maps that have a black icon next to it.
4. Right click and get info.
5. scroll to the bottom, if you're administrator, you don't need to do this. Click the lock and fill the out the password form.
6. At the bottom there will be another picture that looks like one of the picture.
7. It would show that the content "Everyone" would be set to no one could view it. Change it to Read Only and it would work. Do this for every black icon map

ZBerlinghoff

macrumors newbie
Feb 4, 2010
Grr

Okay so i downloaded the map highrise from modern warfare 2, except it was made especially for mac... http://www.gamershell.com/download_59354.shtml
so i did the read only thing and I'm not sure where to place the .iwd from this file... =/
I've modded cod2 and I put the .iwd's in the mod's or main folder. but i've never added a custom map. please help? :)

trevorsunday6

macrumors newbie
Apr 1, 2019
Kenya
Ok, this is the list of files I have:
ac130.ff
aftermath.ff
airlift.ff
airplane.ff
ambush.ff
armada.ff
blackout.ff
bog_a.ff
bog_b.ff
cargoship.ff
code_post_gfx_mp.ff
code_post_gfx.ff
common_mp.ff
common.ff
coup.ff
hunted.ff
icbm.ff
jeepride.ff
killhouse.ff
launchfacility_a.ff
launchfacility_b.ff
localized_code_post_gfx_mp.ff
localized_common_mp.ff
mp_backlot_load.ff
mp_backlot.ff
mp_bloc_load.ff
mp_bloc.ff
mp_bog_load.ff
mp_bog.ff
mp_cargoship_load.ff
mp_cargoship.ff
mp_citystreets_load.ff
mp_citystreets.ff
mp_convoy_load.ff
mp_convoy.ff
mp_countdown_load.ff
mp_countdown.ff
mp_crash_load.ff
mp_crash_snow_load.ff
mp_crash_snow.ff
mp_crash.ff
mp_crossfire_load.ff
mp_crossfire.ff
mp_farm_load.ff
mp_farm.ff
mp_overgrown_load.ff
mp_overgrown.ff
mp_pipeline_load.ff
mp_pipeline.ff
mp_shipment_load.ff
mp_shipment.ff
mp_showdown_load.ff
mp_showdown.ff
mp_strike_load.ff
mp_strike.ff
mp_vacant_load.ff
mp_vacant.ff
scoutsniper.ff
simplecredits.ff
sniperescape.ff
ui_mp.ff
ui.ff
village_assault.ff
village_defend.ff
Where can I get the aftermath.ff file?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.