Welcome to Doom9's Forum, THE in-place to be for everyone interested in DVD conversion.

Before you start posting please read the forum rules. By posting to this forum you agree to abide by the rules.

Go Back   Doom9's Forum > Video Encoding > MPEG-4 Encoder GUIs
Register FAQ Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 21st October 2017, 15:10   #2681  |  Link
mparade

@stax76

If the source is VC-1 and using Vapoursynth with "convert bt709 to 10bit HDR" script enabled, then I will get an error message from StaxRip...if the source is h264, then there is no error message. It should be a Vapoursynth problem because DGDecNV can handle VC-1 since several years now.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 19:28   #2682  |  Link
Atlantis

Any simple script for Staxrip to convert HDR to SDR?
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2017, 19:29   #2683  |  Link
mparade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlantis View Post
Any simple script for Staxrip to convert HDR to SDR?
Personally, I am using madVR to convert HDR sources to SDR during the rendering process.
mparade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2017, 01:51   #2684  |  Link
Atlantis

Yes, no I want to encode it first and have it in SDR before playing.
Atlantis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 10:39   #2685  |  Link
lotnybartek

Is it possible to encode with QSVEnc BUT resize and de-interlace with software? I'd like to use yadifmod2 for de-interlacing and Lanczos4Resize for resizing. So, in Intel Encoding Options, I should select AviSynth/VapourSynth as Decoder?

Last edited by lotnybartek; 23rd October 2017 at 10:43.
lotnybartek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2017, 23:07   #2686  |  Link
craigpro

new nvidia drivers out - let's hope that it was a bug in the previous version which prevented NVencC from working.. might download and test tonight when I get home.

EDIT: nope, still same error message from NVencC and it exits.

Last edited by craigpro; 24th October 2017 at 06:36.
craigpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th October 2017, 12:08   #2687  |  Link
foxace

Hello,
how to convert 4k HDR movies with NVencC and preserve the HDR metadata ?
thanks for help me
foxace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 12:34   #2688  |  Link
sausuke

can I ask what can I do to fix this? I'm frameserving from Sony Vegas 15, I've tried the one it made, it works on MEGUI but want to use StaxRip? here's the screenshot thank you

sausuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 12:56   #2689  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Use DirectShowSource instead of AviSource
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 13:04   #2690  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Use DirectShowSource instead of AviSource
hello I've change the script to Directshowsource and here's the error

Quote:
Failed to load script.

DirectShowSource: RenderFile, the filter graph manager won't talk to me
(E:\2Encoded Files\kljsfdlkjfsdljkfsdaljksfad_temp\kljsfdlkjfsdljkfsdaljksfad_source.avs, line 1)
I think I encounter this too with your Ripbot so I don't know how to fix this. Thank you for the reply
Old 27th October 2017, 13:08   #2691  |  Link
Atak_Snajpera
RipBot264 author

Yes I've noticed that too. I think that something is wrong with Frameserver plugin. It does not work in 64 bit environment (avisynth 64bit).
Atak_Snajpera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 13:19   #2692  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atak_Snajpera View Post
Yes I've noticed that too. I think that something is wrong with Frameserver plugin. It does not work in 64 bit environment (avisynth 64bit).
oh now I finally get it, hence the people asking the author of frame server to release 64 bit version, I see. Thank you for the answer
Old 27th October 2017, 13:35   #2693  |  Link
Yanak

Debugmode frameserver output needs to be run under x86 avisynth, x64 won't work, however i bypass this by using MP_Pipepline and run a part of the script under x86 avisynth in Staxrip ( you loose a bit of speed most of the times but not that important to me ) :

- You need MP_Pipeline that can be found here : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...79#post1746479
- Unzip it and put the content from the "64" folder into the avisynth plugin64+ folder, here :
"C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins64+" You don't need the content from the "86 "folder, just what is inside the "64" into avisynth plugins64+ folder.

Then we need to create a custom source for the avi's of the frameserer :

- Right click on the "AVS filters" list here :

- On the contextual menu select '" Profiles"
- Under [Source] category copy and add this :
Code:
Vegas Frameserver Import =
    MP_Pipeline("""
    ### platform: win32 
    AVISource("%source_file%", audio=false)
    ### ###
    """)
Like here :

The only thing you will then need is set source to manual in the filters list when you will use an input from vegas frameserver, select your source and on the popup list select "Vegas Frameserver Import".

You can also make a template using directly this source and save it, just need to switch to it before loading your source file, or if you always use the workflow passing by vegas and the frameserver you can set staxrip to start directly with this template.

Then add the rest of the filters and normal process in staxrip.

Edit : yeah many asked for a x64 codec output to the author of the frameserver, but seems like he abandoned the project sadly :/

Last edited by Yanak; 22nd January 2018 at 23:22.
Yanak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2017, 21:23   #2694  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yanak View Post
Debugmode frameserver output needs to be run under x86 avisynth, x64 won't work, however i bypass this by using MP_Pipepline and run a part of the script under x86 avisynth in Staxrip ( you loose a bit of speed most of the times but not that important to me ) :

- You need MP_Pipeline that can be found here : https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.p...79#post1746479
- Unzip it and put the content from the "64" folder into the avisynth plugin64+ folder, here :
"C:\Program Files\AviSynth+\plugins64+" You don't need the content from the "86 "folder, just what is inside the "64" into avisynth plugins64+ folder.

Then we need to create a custom source for the avi's of the frameserer :

- Right click on the "AVS filters" list here :

- On the contextual menu select '" Profiles"
- Under [Source] category copy and add this :
Code:
    MP_Pipeline("""
    ### ###
    """)
Like here :

The only thing you will then need is set source to manual in the filters list when you will use an input from vegas frameserver, select your source and on the popup list select "Vegas Frameserver Import".

You can also make a template using directly this source and save it, just need to switch to it before loading your source file, or if you always use the workflow passing by vegas and the frameserver you can set staxrip to start directly with this template.

Then add the rest of the filters and normal process in staxrip.

Edit : yeah many asked for a x64 codec output to the author of the frameserver, but seems like he abandoned the project sadly :/
wow thank you, gonna test this up

EDIT:

It works :O thank you again

EDIT:

I have to say I'm impressed, 60 fps in rendering (medium preset) and using Threadripper 1950x 100% on default without using any script. Can I ask how to add avisynth script? thanks for the responses

Last edited by sausuke; 27th October 2017 at 22:04.
Old 27th October 2017, 22:41   #2695  |  Link
Yanak

Glad to see you get it working ^^
You can add some filters already existing in staxrip with a right click on the filters list using the "+ Add" contextual menu.

You can also edit the filters and create your own ones with your own settings the same way you added this source filter for the frameserver, then add them easily to the projects you work with or create a template having you most commonly used filters.

It is also possible to create some kind of "dynamic" filters with input box , browse files and various choices, all this using various macros like i posted here some times ago when starting to experiment with this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...75#post1804975 ,
or also possible to use powershell scripting inside staxrip to do a bit more complexes things,
or here recently when i made a script to create simple chapters while in staxrip preview mode : https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/is...ment-336909865

You should take a look at the documentation of staxrip : http://staxrip.readthedocs.io/index.html , this program allows a lot of customizations and i really love i for that.

Not sure what type of filter you are trying to add but if your post the script i'll try to explain how to add it into staxrip as a custom filter, keep in mind that staxrip is x64 , using x64 avisynth so avisynth plugins used must be x64, again it is possible to bypass this using MP_Pipeline most of the times but it gets more complex with a lot of x86 plugins ^^

PS: you can also load directly a .avs script as input directly into staxrip, or in the filters list use " Edit code " and directly insert parts of your script there ( and possible to save this as template then ) , but if it's things you will use regularly it's better to create custom filters for them in my opinion.

Last edited by Yanak; 27th October 2017 at 22:59.
Old 28th October 2017, 05:41   #2696  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
Glad to see you get it working ^^
You can add some filters already existing in staxrip with a right click on the filters list using the "+ Add" contextual menu.

You can also edit the filters and create your own ones with your own settings the same way you added this source filter for the frameserver, then add them easily to the projects you work with or create a template having you most commonly used filters.

It is also possible to create some kind of "dynamic" filters with input box , browse files and various choices, all this using various macros like i posted here some times ago when starting to experiment with this: http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.ph...75#post1804975 ,
or also possible to use powershell scripting inside staxrip to do a bit more complexes things,
or here recently when i made a script to create simple chapters while in staxrip preview mode : https://github.com/stax76/staxrip/is...ment-336909865

You should take a look at the documentation of staxrip : http://staxrip.readthedocs.io/index.html , this program allows a lot of customizations and i really love i for that.

Not sure what type of filter you are trying to add but if your post the script i'll try to explain how to add it into staxrip as a custom filter, keep in mind that staxrip is x64 , using x64 avisynth so avisynth plugins used must be x64, again it is possible to bypass this using MP_Pipeline most of the times but it gets more complex with a lot of x86 plugins ^^

PS: you can also load directly a .avs script as input directly into staxrip, or in the filters list use " Edit code " and directly insert parts of your script there ( and possible to save this as template then ) , but if it's things you will use regularly it's better to create custom filters for them in my opinion.
I've tried to add on profile (ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709"), what do you think of this script? I added the Msharpen dunno if it's good in that order.

Quote:
LoadPlugin("C:\Users\xxx\Desktop\StaxRip-x64-1.7.0.0-stable\Apps\Plugins\avs\MSharpen\msharpen.dll")
MP_Pipeline("""
AVISource("C:\FrameServer Files\lksdfjlksajflkas.avi", audio=false)
### ###
""")
ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
MSharpen(threshold = 10, strength = 100, highq = true, mask = false)
Prefetch(10)
Yeah this is much easier than MEGUI, can move up and down line in the script

Last edited by sausuke; 28th October 2017 at 05:44.
Old 28th October 2017, 10:36   #2697  |  Link
Yanak

You can also edit and directly add the convert part inside the source filter you created:
Code:
    MP_Pipeline("""
    ### ###
    """)
The rest of the filters are already part of Staxrip native filters, if you want this scheme all the time just need to create a template ( needs to be done while no video is loaded on Staxrip )
- Set directly the source filter to Vegas Frameserver
- Add MSShapren, add Prefetch filters with your own edited settings

Then go to "Project >Save as Template" . Enter a name for your template, tick the box if you want Staxrip to start with this created template and done.
The next time it will start it will have all already set and ready, or you can switch to it easily going to templates list and selecting it, simple as this.

You can also create a simple custom filter for the convertto that you can access and add easily like this :
Code:
YV12(PC.709) = ConvertToYV12(matrix="PC.709")
Just need to add this code in the profiles editor, (like for the source custom one), but here it will be under another category, i mean do not add it under the [Source], those need to be separated, but most probably add it under [Misc] category.

Or you can also create your own custom category, name it like you want, ex "My Filters":
Quote:
[My Filters]
(I place mines at the very top of the profiles edit page to have easy access ^^ )

When using "+ Add" a filter you will see this new category with all the custom filters you added there :

If you use a lot of convertto stuff you can create a bit more complex custom filter in Staxrip, I put it on pastebin to not break forum layout with long line of code : https://pastebin.com/gyyUNPKb
Same as before, either paste this at the end of the [Misc] category for example or add it under your created [My Filters] new category.

When selecting this custom filter ( +Add > My Filters > Convert To ) a popup will come :

Select and click on the desired option in this list and it gets added to the list of filters in the project

Last edited by Yanak; 22nd January 2018 at 23:25.
Old 29th October 2017, 10:38   #2698  |  Link
RieGo

quick question, i didn't find an answer to this: is it currently possible to run 2 or more jobs in parallel? or do i need to manually start 2 instances of staxrip as a workaround?
thanks
edit: it works by starting two instances of staxrip.
but i found a small bug while experimenting with multi job processing (probably even with one instance)
-if you activate to remove temporary folders after job it sometimes doesn't work. this is because the temporary folders names are very likely to be the same, if the first chars of filenames are the same.
this results in a messagebox, which stops processing jobs until you cancel the folder deletion.

Last edited by RieGo; 29th October 2017 at 17:44.
RieGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2017, 22:22   #2699  |  Link
sausuke

Quote:
You can also edit and directly add the convert part inside the source filter you created:
Code:
    MP_Pipeline("""
    ### ###
    """)
The rest of the filters are already part of Staxrip native filters, if you want this scheme all the time just need to create a template ( needs to be done while no video is loaded on Staxrip )
- Set directly the source filter to Vegas Frameserver
- Add MSShapren, add Prefetch filters with your own edited settings

Then go to "Project >Save as Template" . Enter a name for your template, tick the box if you want Staxrip to start with this created template and done.
The next time it will start it will have all already set and ready, or you can switch to it easily going to templates list and selecting it, simple as this.

You can also create a simple custom filter for the convertto that you can access and add easily like this :
Code:
Just need to add this code in the profiles editor, (like for the source custom one), but here it will be under another category, i mean do not add it under the [Source], those need to be separated, but most probably add it under [Misc] category.

Or you can also create your own custom category, name it like you want, ex "My Filters":

(I place mines at the very top of the profiles edit page to have easy access ^^ )

When using "+ Add" a filter you will see this new category with all the custom filters you added there :

If you use a lot of convertto stuff you can create a bit more complex custom filter in Staxrip, I put it on pastebin to not break forum layout with long line of code : https://pastebin.com/gyyUNPKb
Same as before, either paste this at the end of the [Misc] category for example or add it under your created [My Filters] new category.

When selecting this custom filter ( +Add > My Filters > Convert To ) a popup will come :

Select and click on the desired option in this list and it gets added to the list of filters in the project
Thank you so much for this, btw I experience slow down using Stax Rip too and I posted the fix I do in avisynth+ thread (This threadripper is so complicated xD). Thanks to this I trouble shoot where the problem is but the good thing though is I learned how to use this encoder with your help
Old 1st November 2017, 00:40   #2700  |  Link
dev84

Hi

I just got this error, it's converting so i don't know the end result.
Any one knows what it means?

Quote:
--------------- Convert THD to FLAC 1 using ffmpeg 3.3.3 ---------------

E:\...\StaxRip\Apps\ffmpeg\ffmpeg.exe -i "D:\...English.thd" -y -hide_banner -ac 6 "D:\...English.flac"

Input #0, truehd, from 'D:\...English.thd':
Duration: N/A, start: 0.000000, bitrate: N/A
Stream #0:0: Audio: truehd, 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), s32 (24 bit)
Stream mapping:
Stream #0:0 -> #0:0 (truehd (native) -> flac (native))
Press [q] to stop, [?] for help
Output #0, flac, to 'D:\...English.flac':
Metadata:
encoder : Lavf57.71.100
WAVEFORMATEXTENSIBLE_CHANNEL_MASK: 0x3f
Stream #0:0: Audio: flac, 48000 Hz, 5.1, s32 (24 bit), 128 kb/s
Metadata:
encoder : Lavc57.89.100 flac
[out_0_0 @ 0000000000ecccc0] 100 buffers queued in out_0_0, something may be wrong.

Thx
dev
dev84 is offline   Reply With Quote