Shorter Pioneer SPEC Rack on the Right starting at the top:

Pioneer P-D70 CD Player
Pioneer TX-D1000 Tuner
Pioneer RG-2 Dynamic Processor
Pioneer CT-F1000 Cassette Deck
Pioneer SPEC 1 Preamp
Pioneer SPEC 4 Power Amp
Pioneer SPEC 2 Power Amp
Hi and thanks for all the kind words. I use several different pairs of speakers. My best pair of speakers are my Vintage 1979 Teledyne Acoustic Research AR-9's. I also have some Pioneer HPM 100 speakers (3 pairs), Polk Monitor 7s, HH Scott 197B IIs, "The New" Advents (2 pairs), EPI TE 120s, and a few more pairs of this and that.

Retro that's one bad ass unit!! I had a friend when I was growing up that had a pretty close set up. He had the Spec 1/4, tuner, eq, Technics (I believe) turn table, and an Akai reel to reel. The speakers were Pioneer CS?. He had brought it back from Germany. He was staioned there in the Army. Man that thing would crank, and sounded supurb!!

That's my dream machine, just can't afford it now.

My Pioneer SPEC 2 was measured at 340 watts per channel into 8 ohms ands and is 430 watts per channel into 4 ohms. I would consider that as my best amp. That is the amp on the bottom of the shorter rack.

Retro

The owner of this fantastic Pioneer rack system is a very lucky man to have been able to put all these babies together. He should also be very proud of his system. This looks just out of this world. One thing is missing however: Where are the HPM-150s or HPM-1500s?

The photo could use some more resolution. Unfortunately the lighting is not ideal. I also think that as a result of the above, the photo does not do justice to this fabulous system. If I were him, I would re-submit a new improved picture.

Media information

Category
Member's Systems
Added by
Retro Stereo
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
4.88 star(s) 16 ratings

Image metadata

Device