Acrylic HPM 100's
A27

Acrylic HPM 100's

Only Pioneer dealers had these. They are working models.
These were demo models for Pioneer dealers. They work but the bass is more boomy as you can guess. I will eventually replace the sun faded drivers for the ultimate working displays.

I had a chance to buy a pair back in the day. My bud at the stereo shop saved them for me, FOR ME, and I didn't have the coins. I had to say goodbye. I knew at the time the bass was atrocious, but I didn't care. If I could have scraped up the marbles, I'd have them today. I imagine a used pair go for a small fortune now.

Yes they do go for a small fortune today. I just purchased a pair of Pioneer HPM-100 clear speakers today for $3,500. The speakers have been completely refurbished. Oh I know they are likely not worth what I paid but I wanted them. These are rare speakers indeed. I don't have any true top end speakers and I wanted something rare. I know without all the production line wood, posh insulation and internal sound engineering these speakers might sound like hot garbage. I like that these were rare clear demo speakers for in store displays. I paid extra because these Pioneer HPM-100 clear speakers are rare.

My brother put up half the money to get these Pioneer HPM-100 clear speakers for my birthday. I'm told these speakers were designed to work well with the Pioneer SX-1980 receiver and I have one. To throw good money after bad in all but my eyes, I'm buying a new clear turntable to go with my Pioneer HPM-100 clear speakers. This vintage audio hobby will be my ruination but it's the only way to go!

Media information

Category
Speaker Gallery
Added by
A27
Date added
View count
Comment count
Rating
5.00 star(s) 5 ratings

Image metadata

Device